Monday, July 16, 2007

Here are some changes...

First thing was pulling off all the wallpaper...that took 2 weeks, then I tackled refinishing the bookcase...I used a deglosser then put primer on the entire bookcase except inside the cabinets. I chose a light cream color by Ralph Lauren then used their tea stain glaze over that...I topped it off with 2 coats of sealer to protect it all...I found a really neat site that will punch tin panels for two of my cabinet doors that had speaker fabric in it...so it will give it a farmy kind of look. The walls around the bookcase will be painted Whole wheat (SW) or Shelburne Buff (BM)....to go with the glazed cabinets I'm having made for the kitchen area.

1 comment:

Buffi Young said...

Hey Tara,
What's the house look like now? I'd love to see some more pictures!

Mark